The McCall MacBain Scholarships at McGill University are Canada’s first leadership-driven scholarship for master’s and professional degree students. This scholarship application process is for students who are developing expertise in their respective fields, have a track record of taking initiative, and seek to collaborate with others to understand and address important problems and challenges. The McCall MacBain Scholarships includes:
- Tuition and fees for an eligible masters or professional program at McGill University;
- Living stipend of $2000/month; and
- Comprehensive enrichment program including mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and access to a global community.
Watch the Video
Please find information about the McCall MacBain Scholarships criteria, application requirements, and more below:
Before you begin your scholarship application, you must do some research about academic programs at McGill University to learn which program best fits your interests and goals. The more you know about what you want to study, the better your application will be.
To check the requirements for the application and to see if you meet the requirements for the scholarship, please review all relevant details on the McCall MacBain website.
York candidates must:
- Hold Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or refugee status in Canada.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, or be on track to graduate with one, before August 2022.
- The majority of programs at McGill require a 3.0/4.0 or 3.2 in the last two years.
- For some of the more competitive programs, the GPA requirement is higher – please ensure you research the GPA requirement for the program your interested in. For detailed information on the eligibility criteria, please review the McCall MacBain Scholarship website.
- You are interested in applying for admission to an eligible full-time master’s or professional program at McGill University.
Please review the McCall MacBain website for deadlines and information.
Please note: We highly recommend that you begin the application process well in advance of these deadlines and we encourage you to reach out if you need any support during the process.
|June 1, 2022||Applications open|
|September 21, 2022||McCall MacBain application deadline|
|TBD||York University endorsement deadline (York candidates will be emailed with the endorsement result)|
If you’re a successful candidate regional interviews will be held:
October to November 2022 (Regional interview dates will be made available before June 2022.)
|March 8-12, 2023||Final interviews in Montréal|
|Varying timeline||Confirmation of acceptance to an eligible program at McGill University|
|September 2023||Successful scholars arrive on campus at McGill University (with a few exceptions for scholars whose classes begin in the summer)|
In addition to McCall MacBain Scholarships, there will be regional and finalist awards to promising candidates throughout the selection process.
- The regional award is a one-time $5,000 entrance award for graduate study at any Canadian public university.
- The finalist award is a one-time $10,000 entrance award for graduate study at McGill University.
McCall MacBain offers information sessions for students that would like to learn more about the scholarships. Register for an upcoming session: mccallmacbainscholars.org/info-sessions